Some of erectile dysfunction can be cured while others cannot be. But you must be positive as the symptoms of ED can be improved with various treatment options.
What is Erectile dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a disorder where a person finds it quite difficult to keep or get a firm erection to have sex. If ED happens quite frequently, then you need to seek the help of the doctor. You will find various treatments to treat ED, although the correct treatment method is based on the cause.
The erection is quite a complicated procedure involving your body’s blood vessels, nerves, and hormones. We are discussing certain causes and treatment options.
Many psychological and physical factors can lead to ED. We are discussing various causes of ED.
- Lifestyle factors- Various lifestyle and health issues that can result in ED are smoking, use of alcohol, obesity, and physical inactivity. Various medicines such as barbiturates, amphetamines, heroin, cocaine, and marihuana can also lead to ED. If any of the above factors apply to you, then you must take the required actions for improving the erection. Also, if you are not able to do it by yourself, then you must consult a doctor. He can prescribe a medicine Fildena 100 to treat ED.
- Medical factors- Your health condition can also result in ED. The various health conditions are diabetes, atherosclerosis, heart disease, chronic kidney disease, high blood pressure, metabolic syndrome, high cholesterol, Parkinson’s disease, and sleep disorders. It can also be caused due to injury or surgery in the spinal cord, penis, bladder, pelvis, and prostrate. Accordingly, the doctor can ask you to take Vidalista 20 medicine. You must consume this medicine as per his instructions.
- Emotional and psychological factors- Various emotional factors can result in ED. They are anxiety, low self-esteem, performance anxiety, relationship issues, and tension. If you wake up with an erection in the morning then you are physically capable of erection and the issue can be psychological. Hence, you must seek the help of the doctor and he may prescribe you to use Cenforce 100. You must follow all the instructions carefully.
- You can seek the advice of a primary care physician but it is good if you consult a certified urologist. You must tell him for how long you are facing this issue and how you are getting affected by it.
- You must share your medical history, any medicines (prescription/non-prescription) being taken, whether you take alcohol or smoke, any psychological or emotional factors, and the amount of exercise being done.
- The doctor will conduct your physical examination, imaging tests like an ultrasound for checking the condition of blood vessels going to the penis, and urine/blood tests to look for signs of diabetes, heart disease, and other disorders.
- The doctor will also discuss about stresss and other conditions.
- The physician will test for a nocturnal erection test in which a device has to be worn around the penis to analyze erection at the time of sleeping. There is one more test known as an intracavernosal injection is conducted. In this test, a drug is injected inside the penis to monitor how long the erection lasts.
Many factors contribute to ED. However, lifestyle considerations must be incorporated into your treatment.
- Quit smoking. If you are feeling difficult to quit smoking then you must ask your doctor for ceasing smoke programs that will help you to get rid of smoking.
- If you are obese, take the right exercise and diet from a dietician that will help you to reduce weight.
- If you consume alcohol, then limit the intake or stop it.
- If you are habitual of taking drugs, then talk to your doctor to quit them.
- If you think that prescribed medicine is leading to ED, then take the help of your doctor. He will ask you to take fewer doses or an alternative option for it.
- Oral medicines
There are certain oral medicines known as Phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors that will help you for a lasting erection. These medicines will help to relax your muscles penis. It will also encourage blood flow in the response to sexual stimulation. The medicines like Tadalafil Vidalista 20 start to show their effect within 30 minutes. The effect will last for an hour to several ones. These oral medications will not cause erection alone. You need sexual stimulation, and then these medicines will make erection much easier.
Don’t take medicines for ED if you are taking
- Nitrates for a heart condition
- Alpha-blockers for high blood pressure
- If you have low BP.
Side effects of the oral medicines are headache, flushing, upset stomach, nasal congestion, backache, dizziness, and visual changes.
If you have low testosterone then the doctor can ask you to go for replacement therapy.. Also, you must avoid this treatment option, if it is caused by nerve issues and if you have normal testosterone levels.
Alprostadil can be given into the penis. It can be used as a suppository or topical cream in urethra. After administering it, the erection will be done in 5-20 minutes that will last for 30 mins to 60 mins.
- ED pump
The doctor can also ask you to use an ED vacuum pump. It helps to pull blood inside your penis. The device has a plastic tube that can be wear easily. The elastic ring maintains the erection for up to 30 mins.
If the above-mentioned treatment options, don’t work then surgery is the last option. The surgeon can place an inflatable implant or malleable implant on the penis. Also, the arteries can be rectified for improving the blood flow.
There are various treatment options for erectile dysfunction including lifestyle modifications. The treatment depends on the factors and it is quite important to consult doctors as they will prescribe you the right medicines or treatment therapy. So, you must follow the instructions of a qualified doctor.